Thursday, April 7, 2011

Dark and Laughable


Apparently I am funny to people with high self-esteem.

So I think the land of monster egos is a scary place to be. There’s no exit. When the fire comes, as they inevitably do to those with inflated self-perceptions, you have to jump through the window and crash hard with all the debris. You might see me laying there, too.

So I know what makes something funny. A room full of people who write “LOL” on everything, who call each other “hun” and “bro” and “sweety,” can find something laughable in people who can’t afford to hang out in that room with them. Survival, staring at your feet a lot as you walk by yourself at night, is funnier than hell.

Dark and laughable is what I call the crime scene where caricature people with good excuses crunch nowhere specks under their clawed talons.

No comments:

Post a Comment